Oh boy! I’m pretty sure I’ve just struck gold with my new SUGAR, DAIRY, GLUTEN, and GUILT FREE chocolate creation. Giving up sugar was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. It’s amazing how much more energy you have when you remove sugar and your blood sugar stabilizes- I highly recommend it!
And since then, I’ve found numerous ways to continue to enjoy the treats, like chocolate, that I LOVE.
Did you know that dark chocolate has been proven to decrease cortisol (our bodies stress hormone)?
We could all benefit from less stress. Here’s my favorite, healthy, yummy way to manage stress!
- 1 100% cacao chocolate bar (unsweetened)
- 2 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 3-4 Tbsp of chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts and pecans are my favorites)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (for extra creaminess (may use almond milk too)
- Liquid or powdered Stevia (natural sweetener) to taste. I prefer 1-2 Tbsp (may also use honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
*Optional health boosting tips:
- Add 1 Tbsp of egg white protein
- Add 1 tsp ground flaxseed for added fiber
- Add peppermint oil to taste
- Add shredded coconut
- Melt the chocolate bar and coconut oil in a pan over medium heat (do not boil).
- Mix until smooth.
- Add the nuts, coconut, or whatever you’d like to the melted chocolate.
- Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool (4-5 minutes).
- Pour into blender (I use my Nutri-bullet) and blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour chocolate into a pan lined with parchment paper. Or, pour chocolate into mini cupcake papers for individual treats.
- Put in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove and break into small pieces- or big ones ;)!