I absolutely LOVE lemon bars! These ones are pretty darn healthy too (gluten, dairy, grain, and sugar free.) I can’t say they’re my own creation, but I did make a few changes to make them extra nutrient dense. This summer I added fresh blueberries and strawberries into the filling and they were delicious. Oh, and if you’re like me and LOVE lemons- add a bit more lemon for an extra tart punch.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 1/2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest, finely grated
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat 9×9 baking dish with coconut oil.
- Combine all crust ingredients in food processor until a “crumble” forms.
- Press crust evenly into the bottom of pan.
- Using a fork, prick a few holes into crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, combine all filling ingredients in a food processor and mix well.
- When done, remove crust from oven and pour filling evenly over top.
- Continue to bake for 15-20 minutes, or until filling is set, but still has a little jiggle.
- Cool completely. (You can also chill in the fridge if desired, to further set the filling)