The key to permanent weight loss is UNDERSTANDING WHY and HOW it works.
Weight Loss Made Simple-
- Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% activity. Focus on what you put into your body, and less on how you’re going to burn ALL the calories you’re eating.
- Weight loss is about BLOOD SUGAR REGULATION! If blood sugar levels are ALL over the place- losing weight can be impossible. Avoid sugars and foods that cause rapid increase in blood sugar.
- Eat REAL food. In-order to burn fat we must consume foods that we can use for energy. Eat real, nutrient dense food.
- Eat healthy fats. You must consume fat to burn fat. Starving your body of fat and consuming fat free, or low fat foods will lead to WEIGHT GAIN.
- DO NOT SKIP MEALS. Again, blood sugar regulation is vital.
Weight Loss In More Detail-
- Eat protein with each meal. This will help regulate blood sugar.
- Never skip breakfast
- Eat 3 meals per day
- Drink 1/ 2 your body weight in ounces of water each day. (Example, 150lb/2=75 ounces/day)
- Avoid all sugary drinks (soda, juice, etc)
- Eat 5-7 servings of vegetables/day (mostly non-starchy veggies)
- Eat 1-2 servings of fruit/day
- Eat 3-4 servings of health fat/day
- Eat REAL FOOD. Avoid food in a box, can, or bag. Processed foods will be stored as fat, and lead to weight gain.
- Avoid ALL sugar ( especially processed sugar). Limit fruit to 1-2 servings/day
- Avoid huger pains! You don’t have to starve to lose weight. Hunger pains are a sign of LOW blood sugar.
What do I eat and When?
- Eat protein and healthy fat for breakfast
- Eat protein, a healthy fat, and a serving of healthy carbs for lunch
- Eat protein, a healthy fat, and 1-2 servings of a healthy carbs for dinner
- Eat protein, and a healthy fat with every meal. Period
- Avoid carbohydrates in the morning
- Eat dinner roughly 4 hours before bedtime
- Drink a lot of water in between meals, and NOT with meals.
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Avocado oil
- Nut and seeds
- Organic Butter (full fat)
Bad fats– (avoid any food that says “low fat” or “no fat”)
- Canola oil
- Corn oil
- Soybean oil
- Seed oils (sesame, walnut, peanut, safflower, sunflower)
- Trans fats (from fried foods)
- Starchy vegetables ( sweet potatoes, beets, carrots, root vegetables, etc)
- Wild rice
- Baked goods/pastries
- Grass fed beef
- Wild salmon
- Whey or Vegetable based protein powder (without added sugar of artificial ingredients)
- Processed meets
- Protein powder with artificial ingredients
Veggies Unlimited– (eat an unlimited amount of these)
- Snow peas
- Bok Choy
Veggies To Limit (3-5x/week, due to carbohydrates content)
- Egg plant
- Sweet potatoes
- Red potaotes
Veggies to AVOID–
Fruits (should limit to 1-2 servings fruits/day due to sugar content)
Best Fruit Choices-
- Green apples
Decent Fruit Choices-
Fruit To Avoid-
Exercise (20% of weight loss)-
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is best for burning calories quickly
- Strength training is best for speeding up metabolic rate
Other Helpful Weight Loss Tips-
- Go to bed by 10pm. every night (optimizes hormones that regulate metabolism)
- Do NOT skip meals, even if you’re NOT hungry.
- Don’t over look proper hydration, it is vital for weight loss.
- Remember that fiber is essential for weight loss (consuming chia or flax seeds for additional fiber is very beneficial).
- Stress (physical, chemical, or emotional) causes weight gain
- Don’t forget you must EAT FAT to BURN FAT
- Remember weight loss is a lifestyle not a temporary fix/diet. If you don’t like how you feel, and can’t maintain what you’re doing, change it… so you can succeed!